Please submit resume in Word format to
or call 561-283-4205.
||Attorney-Labor and Employment
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION, AND/OR LICENSURE:
1. Juris Doctor required
2. West Virginia Bar membership or eligibility required
1. 10 years of substantial experience in labor and employment law and litigation in a law firm or in-house legal environment, including but not limited to the following experience: (i) trial counsel in federal and state employment litigation and labor arbitrations; (ii) federal labor law and collective bargaining agreement administration; (iii) executive compensation and benefits; (iv) immigration; (v) federal contractor compliance; and (vi) wage and hour.
CORE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The statements described here are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be constructed as an all-inclusive list of all responsibilities and duties. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Maintains current knowledge of trends in the law and, particularly, labor and employment law in a health care setting.
2. Provides day-to-day legal advice to such organizations? boards of directors, officers, employees, and medical staffs regarding compliance with all labor and employment laws
3. Knowledgeable of legal trends and standards and works to ensure compliance with these standards.
4. Provides day-to-day advice to Human Resources management and personnel regarding disciplinary situations.
5. Drafts and/or reviews employment contracts and related documents
6. Provides advice regarding the development of policies and procedures.
7. Responds in a timely manner to request for advice or information.
8. Prepare and review contracts and/or agreements between the corporation and outside agencies or organizations.
9. Demonstrates regard for the dignity, respect, and safety of all patients, family members, visitors, and personnel as defined in the philosophy of such organizations.
10. Maintains the confidentiality of patient and unit information 100% of the time.
11. Promotes and contributes positively to intradepartmental and interdepartmental relationships.
12. Maintains proper attendance and punctuality to ensure that such organizations are operated in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
13. Participates in meeting the goals and objectives of the department to ensure that the department contributes to the attainment of such organizations? goals and objectives.
14. Diligently and in a responsible and timely manner pursues and addresses legal needs of such organizations as they arise.
15. Provides assistance and back-up coverage for the General Counsel
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Knowledge of hospital, health care facility, and physician group operations
2. Knowledge of academic medical center operations preferred
3. Ability to communicate and interact with administration, department heads, medical staff and other hospital personnel.
By applying for this position you give Search Solutions International, Inc your express consent for both telephonic and SMS communication. You may reply 'STOP' at anytime to unsubscribe.